REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
PERMANENT PART TIME
$1000 HIRING BONUS
TEMPORARY FREE LIVING ACCOMODATIONS
We are seeking a Registered Practical Nurse to join our Long Term Care and Acute Care teams.
Geraldton District Hospital is a fully accredited, progressive health care organization committed to providing high quality services to residents of Greenstone and surrounding First Nations communities. The Hospital has 23 acute care beds, 26 long-term care beds, a 24-hour emergency department, and a heliport. Services provided include clinical nutrition, diagnostic imaging (x-ray & ultrasound), laboratory, outreach chemotherapy, rehabilitation (PT & OT), social work and telemedicine.
The community of Greenstone is comprised of 5 small communities in northern Ontario, including Geraldton which is centrally located and has a population of approximately 1500 people. Geraldton is approximately 2.5 hours from Thunder Bay and easily assessable by car on the Trans-Canada Highway.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Practical Nurse program. With current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Full scope of practice skills required with recent, related experience preferred
- Certificate in Gerontological nursing preferred
- Computer skills, including Mede-Care, Meditech and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work as a team member with a minimum supervision and to work rotating shifts
Geraldton District Hospital is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $29.61-$31.18 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types: