Kapawe'no First Nation is seeking a self-motivated professional for the Full-time Administrative Assistant position for our main Administration Office.
Under the direction of the Nation Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical supports to ensure daily operations are maintained effectively and efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet and direct members, outside agencies and the public in a friendly, helpful manner.
- Data entry and maintenance of records for various software as required.
- Answer phones and emails in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments and meetings iwth various programs and departments, as well as prepare information/ documentation as required.
- Assist with the preparation, editing of reports, documents and monthly newsletters.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and files and all correspondence.
- Maintain office inventory, order supplies as needed and verify receipt of supplies.
- Perform all related administrative duties, such as filing, typing, copying, and scanning.
- Receive and distribute mail and maintain the log system.
- Ensure office equipment operation is maintained.
- Carry out other duties as required and assigned by the Nation Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
In addition to bringing a commitment to Kapawe'no First Nation vision and values, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Grade 12 or higher.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures.
- Strong organization and planning skills, and ability to handle multiple projects and assignments.
- Ability to work independently and also be a team player.
- Knowledge of Council and Nation Administration systems is considered an asset.
- Competent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and power point to collaborate with other staff and leadership.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver's license and current driver's abstract.
This position requires a clear criminal and child welfare information system security check.
Job Type: Full-time
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Work Location: One location